Joliet IL Realtor Kim Wirtz
Given the low Joliet IL real estate inventory and the escalating prices, many buyers consider looking at less that move-in ready condition homes and use the savings to do renovations in their new home. Updating a newly purchased home in Joliet often entails new kitchen cabinets, a complete bathroom remodels hardwood flooring, countertops, and new carpeting just to name a few. But regardless of whether you are considering renovating a new home or looking for the perfect completed move-in property, or are selling your Joliet home, picking the right Joliet IL Realtor should include some thoughtful consideration.
- Is this your Realtor’s full-time job? Someone working on the side as a realtor might not have the time to devote to helping you find the right home. They might miss some ideal listings.
- Is your agent familiar with the local market? You want someone who knows the market and the neighborhood. If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you also want an agent who understands the programs available to you.
- Does your agent have the right credentials? Make sure the Realtor is properly accredited by the National Association of Realtors and your state’s licensing agency.
- Some experts, like Dave Ramsey, recommend interviewing potential agents in person to help make sure everybody’s on the same page. You may also want to request references and check them. Put together a list of tough questions — What’s the average length the agent’s properties have been on the market? What sets this agent apart from others? What is the agent’s average list-price-to-sales-price ratio? Don’t be afraid to walk away if you don’t like the answers.
Be sure there’s a personality match, as well. You’ll be working closely with your real estate agent — driving from showing to showing and making plenty of plans — so you want to feel comfortable and be confident you’ll work well together.
- Make sure your agent is familiar with the neighborhood. Ask friends or family who’ve recently bought or sold a home in your area or consider looking at “For Sale” signs in your neighborhood to potentially spot a few agents who are frequently selling in the area. According to U.S. News and World Report, an agent who knows the neighborhood can tell you what other properties in the vicinity are selling for, what prospective buyers are really looking to see in your home and more.
- Right now, as soon as a new home comes on the market, existing buyers are going to immediately look at the house. Based on current Joliet inventory, prices and market conditions, many home buyers have already been shopping for a new home for up to 6 months and sometimes have they have even been involved in making multiple offers and lost. Not only are you competing with these buyers that have been in the market for some time now, but you also have to contend with the additional NEW buyers that are now also in the market to purchase a Joliet IL area home. Your real estate agent in Joliet should be able to show you they understand these conditions and have experience as well as a plan to help you overcome them.
You want to find a real estate agent that understands the specific local market in Joliet that you are buying or selling in and can show you that when you interview them. If the real estate agent you are considering is not familiar with a specific area, they may not be able to explain certain nuances in making offers, the area schools, and other local neighborhood market conditions. All of these things can cost you money and more importantly time. Having a realtor that is savvy in your specific area, makes all the difference.
When we add seasonal home buying and selling issues in Joliet IL, things get even more complicated. For example,
sellers are often more motivated in the poor weather months and home buyers need to buy at the moment they are looking and have a need. Most Joliet buyers that are home shopping during cold, wet and windy months are far more motivated than Joliet Illinois home buyers in months with better weather conditions. In other words, most people who are not really motivated to buy in the Joliet market, tend to do their “looking” when the weather is nicer. Only highly motivated home buyers in Joliet Illinois want to brave our damp conditions in fall and winter. Who else would want to get in and out of cars to go through homes all day long in those conditions? Your agent should be able to show you that they have dealt with this before and understand this nuance very well!
Joliet IL real estate can be stressful, but not if you hire Joliet IL’s best real estate agent Kim Wirtz! Contact Kim today for all of your Joliet IL real estate needs!