Home Searching? How To Find Hidden Bargains!January 10, 2020
Pricing A Home For Sale And What You Should Know!
When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area.
Here are the 5 top criteria to look for in a sales comparison.
- Location: Homes in the same neighborhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home to another in the same neighborhood is a good start, but comparing it to homes on the same street or block is even better.
- Date of sale: It varies by location, but housing markets can see a ton of fluctuation in a short time period. It’s best to use the most recent sales data available.
- Home build: Look for homes with similar architectural styles, numbers of bathrooms and bedrooms, square footage, and other basics.
- Features and upgrades: Remodeled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. Be sure to look for similar bells and whistles.
- Sale types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
Real Estate Agent and Realtor – Contact Me
My success in real estate is attributed to experience, professionalism, and commitment to service in many areas throughout Northern Illinois. I have been a licensed REALTOR® since 1992. I possess an extensive knowledge of the many cities and towns I service. I share that knowledge with my clients in an effort to make their home buying or selling experience a comfortable one.
I take pride in my attention to detail and put all my efforts into understanding the needs of my clients. I constantly educate myself on the latest trends in the marketplace. It is my goal to extend the “royal treatment” to my clients all the time. Every telephone call or email received by me is returned in a very timely manner. I extend, prompt, courteous and professional service to all.
Buying or selling a home should be a memorable and pleasant experience. Real estate is one of the most exciting investments one can make. I promise to be here for all of my clients in any way possible in order to assure a very pleasant experience. I treat my clients as my friends.